- To identify the causes of the following issues which are known in a BtoB pharmaceutical product/information website:
- The primary user segment is unable to get to the target information
- The useful pharmaceutical/medical information in the lower pages has low page views and is not much utilized by medical professionals
- Expert reviews to identify the issues of the current website
- Competitor analysis on the IA/UI and best practices with several other websites
- Formulate hypothesis on user's context and content priorities:
Set hypothesis on the content priorities as well as users' context for each target segment when browsing the website
- Identify issues on the findability and content presentation
Identified the issues on the website structure and presentation which prevents efficient browsing and comprehension of the contents
- Identify general UI issues:
Found out general functional/interaction issues which would also be obstacles when using the website (search functionality, user assistance etc).
- Provide recommendations in comparison with competitor websites:
Illustrated the characteristics of competitors' website architecture and learn from their best practices for the improvements.
- The following major issues were identified:
- Compared to competitor websites, the target website is unconscious about the content priorities for each target segments
- The target website does not provide proper browsing paths and search options according to each user segment needs
- Based on the insights, provided practical recommendations for the improvement
- The new website has an improved findability with a clear content grouping and logical structure for each target users.
We provide custom-made UX services for your specific needs!